HUNTING FOR THE KAMCHATKA BROWN BEAR
AUTUMN HUNTING SEASON
THE APPROXIMATE PROGRAM OF THE TOUR
Hunting area: Ust-Kamchatka area at the Elovka river.
Possible rains, fogs.
Duration of light day - 9 hours.
Objects of hunting: the Kamchatka brown bear - the largest
subspecies of a brown bear, dwelling in Russia. Average weight: 250 kg -
320 kg, the maximal sizes of the Kamchatka brown bear - 400 kg. The
color of skin can be different: from coal-black up to straw-colored
with whitish tones.
Terms of hunting: from 01. September
Duration of the tour: 13 days - 03. September 15. September
(including day of arrival and day of departure).
Optimal number of hunters in the group: 3 - 4 persons
Conditions and methods of hunting: transportation during the hunt
by cross-country vehicle, motor boats, on foot, by detection of an
animal - stalking, hunting from approach on a distance of a guaranteed
The program of stay:
The 1. day - meeting at the airport, accommodation in a hotel.
The 2. day transfer by bus to Esso (8 - 8,5 hours), a dinner on
the way, flight by helicopter to the hunting grounds (approximately 1.10
The 3. -10. days - hunting, using the cross-country vehicle,
motor boats, on foot. Each hunter will be accompanied by the
professional hunting guide.
The 11. day - transfer by helicopter from the hunting grounds to
Esso, then by bus to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (8 - 8,5 hours), a dinner
on the way. Accommodation in a hotel.
The 12. day free day, excursions.
The 13. day - transfer from the hotel to the airport.
If hunters wish, its possible to leave the hunting grounds earlier by
the preterm ending of hunting.
Transfer from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky up to the hunting grounds is also
possible by helicopter (up to Esso 2 hours, up to the hunting camp
1.10 hours, the helicopter comes back to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky). In
this case hunters pay in addition approximately for 7 - 8 hours of
flight by helicopter at the rate of 1950 euros per hour.
Hunters should have the following equipment:
- sleeping bags
- waterproof and not blown clothes
- rubber boots
- warm underwear
- personal medicines (if necessary)
- protective means from the sun
- hygienic lipstick
- necessarily waterproof bags/rucksacks for final packing of trophies
Accommodation in a hotel:
- Accommodation in hotel B-K-T**** (is located in a zone of rest
Paratunka, there are 4 pools with thermal water, a sauna, billiards and
- lux room 455 euros
- room of the first class 280 euros
- standard room with more conveniences 155 euros
- standard room 126 euros
- Accommodation in hotel "Petropavlovsk":
- lux room 167 euros.
- room of the first class 132 euros
- standard room 112 euros
The price of the tour:
- the organization of hunting 2200 euros per person
- cost of a trophy 3500 euros (its paid after shooting)
- cost of the helicopter 1950 euros per hour per group
The price of the organization of hunting includes:
- visa support
- meeting and seeing-off at the airport
- transfer the airport - hotel - the airport
- transfer Petropavlovsk-Kamchatksky Esso and back
- accommodation and meals (three hot meals a day) in the hunting grounds
in a tent (yurta) camp
- services of the professional hunting guide, cooks, the other personnel
- use of motor boats and the cross-country vehicle (if necessary)
- fuel for transport vehicle and power stations
- documents, necessary for hunting (the license, veterinary
- primary processing, preservation and packing of trophies
The price doesn't include:
- air tickets up to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and back, payment of
- services of the helicopter company
- accommodation and meals in a hotel
- additional excursions
- liquors, including beer and cigarettes
- CITES (200 euros per person)
- weapon and ammunition permit (150 euros per person)
- additional expenses in Moscow (meeting and seeing-off - 200 euros per
group), if necessary
- translator (if wanted, up to 80 euros per group a day).